Robots are cool, really cool so welcome Cozmo a gifted little guy who makes the perfect toy for your child. Cozmo has a mind of his own and a few tricks up his sleeve. He’s the sweet spot where supercomputer meets loyal sidekick. He’ll nudge you to play and keep you constantly surprised. More than a companion, Cozmo’s a collaborator. He’s your accomplice in a crazy amount of fun. Some robots just have it all.
- He’s a real-life robot like you’ve only seen in movies, with a personality that evolves the more you hang out
- Challenge Cozmo to games, or use Explorer Mode to see things from his perspective
- Equipped with Code Lab, the perfect platform for new coders to unlock their imaginations
- Easier than you’d think and tougher than he looks, he’s tested for durability and security
- Requirements: A compatible iOS or Android device and the free Cozmo app
- 1 Cozmo robot; 1 Charger; 3 Power Cubes.
I am software engineer employed in robotics company, may conclude that the toy itself doesn’t represent any breakthrough from an engineering perspective. Well done mechanical and electronics design, just a few motors, OLED screen and camera controlled from the phone app.
The amount of game design that has been put into this toy is stunning. Everything is done so well (animatronics, sounds, screen face animations) that it makes you truly believe that it is a living thing. When it comes to things like this toy – good engineer is useless without a good UX designer, as well as great UX design can be spoiled with rookie mechanical, electronics or software implementation. Anki seems got a great team of engineers and designers covering everything perfectly right, and these guys produced an amazing product which is so rare in modern days. Bravo!